Yoga is the ultimate union of mind and body. It is an art of controlling the mind through the techniques of sequence of movement and breath to achieve transformation in one’s life. A very effective tool which has originated from India.
Here are top 10 benefits of doing Yoga :
- It improves a sense of balance and coordination and reduces nervousness and sleep disorders
- With practice, it will help to improve your posture and eliminate neck and back pain
- It brings back to a balanced point of one’s life, making one able to deal with stress in a mature way.
- It will raise your spirit and allow you to reach higher levels of consciousness
- It will help you to control your thoughts and emotions
- Pranayam (breathing exercises) will help strengthen your immune system
- It will help improve your concentration
- It will give you a new outlook and perspective on life
- It will improve your stress levels, help you sleep better, and allow you to get rid of negative thoughts and emotions
- It may be a naturally calming and relaxing activity which is a significant health benefit for children, teenagers, and adults equally
Many of these health benefits are obtained through proper practice of the traditional form of yoga. It increases the amount of air flow and helps in maintaining the blood circulation of the body, which is good for improving the overall bodily systems.